Why You Shouldn't Induce Vomiting And What You Should Do Instead
If your child ingests something poisonous, your first instinct might be to try to induce your child to vomit. However, the act of vomiting can sometimes have a more harmful effect than the poison itself. Instead, you should contact poison control immediately. Discovering That Your Child is Poisoned Ideally, you should see your child ingesting the poison so you can immediately contact poison control and so you know exactly what your child ingested.